- Provide a variety of media materials and services appropriate to patron needs.
- Preview, select, and direct the ordering and processing of new acquisitions to the collection.
- Prepare and submit necessary reports, records, and statistics for the library.
- Attend board meetings once a month and prepare a report for library use.
- Write and submit necessary grants.
- Knowledge of subject matter.
- Knowledge and use of technology for instruction, planning, record keeping, and communications.
- Be able to work 25 hours per week. Some of these hours while the library is open and some on your own.
- Possess computer knowledge in order to take the library collection online.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Library Science; 2 years library experience; or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with patrons and co-workers in an acceptable and courteous manner.
- Must be able to work as a team with co-workers and the library board.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills to work with the general public.
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Knowledge of library philosophies, practices, procedures, and technologies.
Farmer City Public Library
PO Box 201
109 E Green Street
Farmer City, IL 61842