River Forest Public Library is searching for an enthusiastic Youth Services Associate to join our team. The Youth Services Associate will work in the Children's Services Department, serving kids from birth-4th grade and their parents/caregivers.
The Youth Services Associate will assist the Manager of Children's Services with:
- Providing reference and readers' advisory services in the Children's Room.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of programs for children age birth through 4th grade.
- Promoting the Children's collection and programs by creating book lists, displays, and promotional materials.
- Regular and ongoing administrative support tasks within the Department.
- Collection management responsibilities.
The Youth Services Associate will be trained and regularly scheduled to staff the Children's Services Desk approximately 2-3 weekday shifts each week and 2-3 weekend shifts each month. Anticipate shifts to change to include 1 night per week when the library expands its operating hours
A college degree and experience working with children ages birth-4th grade and young teens is required. Knowledge and appreciation of children's literature and the developmental needs and interests of children is important. The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and exercise initiative. Successful candidates will embrace our culture
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls please.