Do you thrive in a team environment, but also enjoy completing tasks on your own? Are you a person who loves to interact with people? Then our library is looking for you! The Orland Park Public Library, named one of Illinois' 200 Great Places, is currently accepting applications for an innovative and service-oriented part-time Adult Services Reference Librarian.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services
- Participates in collection development as part of the Adult Services team
- Develops and conducts book discussions and other book-related programming
- Provides study room services
- Prepares displays, bibliographies, social media content, and more
- Knowledge of reference and readers' advisory service
- Extensive knowledge of bibliographic tools and reference resources in print and electronic formats
- Excellent research skills, with proficiency in searching online catalogs
- Knowledge of adult literature, including trends in popular fiction, nonfiction, and other media
- Experience in current technology including digital reading platforms, library automation software, and Microsoft Office
- Master's Degree in Library Science or currently enrolled to receive this degree
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation
Position is 12 to 18 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Starting salary for applicant with a Master's Degree is $23.90 per hour.