Do you love libraries and helping people find information and resources? Do you like interacting with children from diverse backgrounds? If so, the Aurora Public Library District may be the place for you. We are currently looking for a part-time Library Assistant at our Santori location.
- Provide library customers with basic reference, instructional and readers advisory services
- Place local holds and initiate inter-library loan transactions
- May assist with programming
- Assist customers with basic office technology questions
- Write reports and compile data
- Bachelor's Degree or LTA Certification
- Previous public library experience preferred
- Work experience with the public preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Spanish language skills are a plus
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf
Our strategic plan includes Advancing through Equity, Achieving School Success, Restoring Aurora and Welcoming New Americans. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.