Do you look forward to using your writing skills to market the library's programs, services, and collections to the incredibly diverse residents of Aurora, IL? Can you use various multimedia platforms to tell a compelling story while maintaining brand standards? Do you like to have fun at work? If so, the Communications Coordinator role at Aurora Public Library District may be just what you are looking for!
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will participate on various internal committees and support our communications strategy. You will work with people at all levels to promote library events and programs. All while keeping the library's vision and strategic plan at the forefront of all communication efforts.
- Write press releases and weekly print columns
- Create multi-media marketing pieces
- Maintain social media platforms
- Develop and maintain website
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, English or related field
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced computer design skills
- Proven multimedia skills
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Spanish language skills are a plus
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf
Our strategic plan includes Advancing through Equity, Achieving School Success, Restoring Aurora and Welcoming New Americans. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.