Are you a creative, hands-on leader with a passion for bringing the library to life for our youngest customers? Are you passionate about early literacy and find working with children, parents and teachers energizing? If so, the Assistant Manager/Early Literacy Specialist may be the role for you!
- Coordinate, plan and/or present children's programs and events both at the library and in the community
- Collaborate with local schools, day care centers and community based early education providers
- Collaborate with children's team members at all branches and work one on one with customers and staff
- Provide reference services in our Kiwanis Children's Center to our young customers and their parents
- Knowledgeable about technology trends in education, and children's books and materials
- Supervise, coach and develop Kiwanis Children's Center team members
- Help maintain the collection to meet our customer's needs
- A master's degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Two years experience in public libraries or schools
- Early literacy experience desired
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experienced in planning and presenting literature based programs to children
- Excellent presentation skills for groups of all sizes and ages
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Spanish language skills are a plus
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf
Our strategic plan includes Advancing through Equity, Achieving School Success, Restoring Aurora and Welcoming New Americans. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.