Are you a go-getter who enjoys a hands-on IT role? Do you pride yourself on offering superior customer service? Do people describe you as someone who can multi-task, is self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, responsive and team oriented? We are seeking an individual who will be a fundamental part of our system network team. Our full-time opportunity offers excellent benefits with a flexible work week (4 days during the week) either 8am-4pm or 9pm-5pm and a Saturday schedule of 9am-5pm.
Schaumburg Township District Library serves around 130,000 residents in Schaumburg Township, including portions of Elk Grove Village, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Streamwood. It is our mission to commit to providing relevant information, books, media, technology and programs for all ages in a safe and friendly environment through the service of well-trained staff. We are passionate about service and treat all people with courtesy and respect. We provide timely and accurate information, we provide high-quality resources, programs and services. We are committed to and connected to our community. We are a leader in our community and libraries nationwide. We promote innovation, creativity and foster strong community partnerships.
The Network Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring the proper operation and implementing changes to all Library systems under the IT Department's direction at our three Library locations. The Network Systems Administrator is also responsible for addressing and resolving problems or issues with staff systems and technology. This role reports directly to our IT Director and IT Manager as well as providing responsive and dependable support to its employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all IT personnel in completion of solution tasks involving local or network-based services.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with computer-related technologies.
- Consult with the Director of IT and IT Manager to develop system solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Take lead role in assigned projects including tasks such as: contacting vendor support for resolving problems, reporting progress to Director of IT, and documenting best practices and procedures.
- Maintain IT Department purchasing process including: purchase orders for Library and Branches; vendor records; receipt of items ordered; reconcile items against purchase order; submit invoices for payment; purchase history; process items to be returned; coordinate shipment of items; obtain the vendor's return merchandise authorization number; verify the receipt of credit; and coordinate with the Business Office when necessary.
- Assist Director of IT with the annual budget process.
- Coordinate Installation, Changes, Updates, or Removal of any required hardware or software as directed.
- Keep apprised of changes in technology and test new products and applications, as it applies to the Library.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Computer Science or a related field from a four-year college or university; or five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use workplace technology including email, internet, intranet, and Library database systems.
- Working knowledge of Lenovos and Dells PC's and LAN/WAN experience, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and above, Windows 10 Desktop, Office 365, and Active Directory; Checkpoint firewalls, Veeam backups, applying patches via SCCM, Faronics anti-virus, systems monitoring and desktop support. Knowledge of CISCO products such as blade servers, VoIP, network switches and routers and wireless access points. General knowledge of TCP/IP. Experience troubleshooting MS Office products and Windows operating system issues. Knowledge of backup infrastructure. Experience with enterprise storage systems. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server administration. Deployment experience with Windows desktop PCs. Powershell scripting and experience creating desktop graphic user interface programs and utilities preferred.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and able to follow through on troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in processing and reacting appropriately under pressure.
- Ability to read, write, present and interpret documents, procedure manuals, routine reports and correspondence to customers and employees of organization.
- Proficient in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reliable transportation is required. Some travel is required within a 20 miles radius (approximately 2 times per month)
- Ability to lift or carry computer equipment with occasional work under tables and in tight spaces (bend over, crawl, kneel, stoop, crouch around, and position power cords and cables).
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50Lbs. Climb up to 15 feet.
The Schaumburg Township District Library Offers:
- A competitive salary, great benefits, including generous paid time off, medical benefits, 401 (A), Life Insurance, long term disability and short-term disability. This is a snapshot of what Schaumburg Township District Library offers their employees. For consideration, please forward your resume along with a cover letter by clicking the apply button.
Schaumburg Township District Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key words: System Admin., Sys Admin., IT System Admin.
For consideration, please forward your resume along with a cover letter by clicking the apply button.