The responsibilities of this position include:
• Assist visitors with locating appropriate legal research materials using both print and online sources.
• Assist patrons at Zoom stations.
• Maintain accurate statistics of reference questions as developed by law librarian.
• Assist users with copiers, printers and basic computer usage.
• Complete general office work to include: sort and distribute mail, update loose-leaf filings, answer incoming phone calls, and taking the evening patron count.
• Process new materials, including security stripping, labeling, shelving, and binding.
• Updates the IICLE forms on attorney computers as needed.
• Shelve books and journals; shift materials when space requires.
• Participate in trainings regarding new library related technologies and cataloging.
• Maintain, update and delete catalog records in the Library's online catalog.
• Inform law library manager regarding missed or incorrect shipments.
• Assist with library's invoice processing.
• Opens and closes the Law Library.
• Deposit and records library's monthly fee collections with the Treasurer's Office.
• Responsible for monitoring, balancing, closing the cash register daily. Informs library manager of any inconsistencies and is responsible for bank deposits.
• Develop, format, edit and distribute Law Library Newsletter with input from staff.
• Make technical edits to brochures as directed by the law library manager.
• Maintain stacks of self-represented litigant information and brochures throughout the courthouse.
• Communicates and uses interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public, to sufficiently exchange or convey information and request reference assistance from library manager.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience: Completion of a Bachelor's Degree, experience in library or coursework toward an MLS, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The preferred candidate will have a familiarity with court procedures or library operations.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Send resume to: courtHR@18thjudicial.org please insert in subject line the word Application.