POSITION: Administrative Assistant - part-time temp; possibility to become permanent
The Harvey Public Library District is committed to providing excellent service to its community. Staff members are expected to interact with patrons and staff with courtesy and respect.
REPORTS TO: Interim Director
- Payroll processing: (Paylocity)-audits timesheets, obtains department head approval, enters all new changes into payroll system, balances hours, dollars and time-off slips than transmits to outside payroll service for processing.
- Maintains Petty Cash Account
- Annual audit: prepares requested financial reports and organizes detailed documentation for the independent auditor. Posts adjusting entries if required and closes the fiscal year. Reconcile accounts each month.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Recent accounts payable/receivable experience; Paylocity Experience (preferred) proficient in QuickBooks or similar accounting software package (Preferred); experienced in Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel. Demonstrated ability to organize administrative work flows.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Accomplished mathematical skills
- Data Entry: Must be proficient in Excel and QuickBooks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to: Prioritize and organize work effectively, Work independently, Communicate effectively with staff and other contacts. Work occasional nights and weekends (if needed). Establish and maintain relationships with contractual business services and vendors. Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy.
It is preferred that candidates have:
- Associate's, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with financial reporting and software
Complete application found online at www.harvey.lib.il.us and provide along with resume'.