The Northbrook Public Library seeks a full-time, committed and experienced Maintenance Worker to work collaboratively as part of our Maintenance team and with staff throughout the library. The ideal candidate will be able to perform building maintenance, handle repair/alteration projects, assist in keeping the building clean, and provide the highest level of service to the Northbrook community by ensuring the facilities are safe and in good working order.
Requirements & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have a high school degree and two years' experience in general building maintenance and repair and working knowledge of painting, carpentry, electrical and plumbing methods and techniques. We want to hear from you if you:
- are good at prioritizing tasks and taking independent action to complete projects,
- can communicate effectively with staff throughout the library,
- can use basic technologies like email, online ticketing systems, and software used to maintain the building and perform tasks,
- fully embrace our core service values of innovation, inclusion, life-long learning, customer-focus, and collaboration,
- are flexible with change and work well in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate will have basic technology skills, ability to lift 60 lbs, bend, stoop, climb, push, and pull wheeled items up to 125 lbs and be comfortable relating to a diverse group of people, take initiative, work independently and manage time, responsibilities and pressure effectively.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans, and life insurance coverage to eligible employees. We also have generous paid time off, IMRF and 457 retirement plans for eligible employees.