Candidates must have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment.
- Shelving books, CDs, DVDs and other materials
- Sorting, straightening and shifting books
- Filing holds
- Pulling items from shelves
- Directing patrons to the appropriate department
- Other duties as assigned by the department, such as special projects
- Ability to stand, walk or stoop for long periods
- Understanding of the Dewey Decimal System
- Ability to push/pull a loaded book cart in excess of 75 pounds
- Must work accurately and independently
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to interact pleasantly with staff/patrons
- Must be at least 16 years of age; high school diploma or equivalent required
Please indicate which schedule you are interested in:
- Schedule A: Approximately 18 hours/week: Mon-Thur. (10-1:30 p.m.); two Saturdays a month (9-4:30 p.m.)
- Schedule B: Approximately 14 hours/week: Mondays (4:30-9 p.m.); Tuesdays (5-9 p.m.), two Saturdays a month (9-4:30 p.m.) and one Sunday a month (12-5).
- Schedule C: Approximately 12 hours/week: Mondays (4:30-9 p.m.); every Saturday (9-4:30 p.m.)
- Must be flexible
Completed Park Ridge Job Application required for consideration. Send a completed Application to: Matthew Hoffman, Patron Services Assistant Manager,
Park Ridge Public Library, 20 S. Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge IL 60068, Fax: (847) 825-0001, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description and application available from the Library Business Office or online at www.parkridgelibrary.org under "Get Involved/ Employment".
Equal Opportunity Employer