The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a Circulation Assistant (check-in) to join our team! The Assistant works to ensure the accurate shelf status of all library materials and the timely and efficient return of materials to the shelves.
Some of the job duties include:
● Check in library materials, perform content and condition checks, pull reserves, run reports, contact members, and follow-up on items.
● Trouble-shoot sorter system as needed, and empty bins and sort materials.
● Assisting with staffing the drive-up window while providing outstanding customer service to our members
● Assist with public and staff material concerns.
● Maintain library members' confidentiality.
● File requested items on hold shelves, and identify damaged or incomplete items and process items accordingly.
● Cross train to assist in the materials check-out process, including account information retrieval, payments, and other duties.
● Sort and shelve materials as assigned and complete clean up duties on each shift as needed.
● Supports the Circulation Manager by assisting with the training of pages and changes in the daily assignment schedule as needed.
● Greet anyone who enters the library in a professional and friendly manner.
● Promote materials, programs, events, and services provided by the library.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
This opportunity requires:
● High school diploma or equivalent certifications and/or experience.
● Qualified candidates must have superb customer service skills.
● Ability to multi-task, have attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
● Ability to use computers and relevant software including but not limited to Google products. Ability to read typed labels and sort color coded labels.
● Ability to safely lift, sort, and shelve materials of various shapes and sizes, up to 35 pounds. Able to push and pull carts and bins of various weights and sizes. Able to stand and move about the library especially the sorting area and lobby for long periods of time.
● Ability to communicate effectively, use good judgment in the decision making process, and work both independently and as part of a team.
● Ability to maintain a positive attitude and demeanor under stressful situations.
● Must have reliable transportation and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at email@example.com.
Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.