Ex Libris, a ProQuest Company – Who we are…
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
As a Support Analyst you will provide Alma Tier 2 product support to Ex Libris customers by logging, documenting, troubleshooting and resolving questions and problems related to the Unified Resource Management System, Alma. This position will allow you the opportunity to interface with top universities and research librarians around the world. We are looking for a motivated, library professional with a strong background in library technologies/technical support.
What will I be doing?
- Provide proactive and seamless customer support.
- Train customers on products as needed and attend customer conferences and meetings as directed.
- Work with members of the Support Team as well as other internal stakeholders to troubleshoot support incidents, answer questions and educate customers.
- Partner with the Development Team by keeping abreast of customer issues and meetings, reporting any product bugs, coordinating and facilitating customer feedback for urgent issues and monitoring new release issues.
- Manage personal queue of support cases according to response level guidelines and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide occasional on-call support as needed.
- Visit customer sites as needed and perform care calls to maintain a high level of engagement.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years' related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of Customer Support experience.
- Experience with tools/services such as SalesForce, JIRA and other relevant support systems.
- Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging others/own code, etc.)
- Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services.
Superstar Candidates will have…
1. Master's degree in Library Informational Science
2. Experience with XML, Web application development, CSS, SQL or Microsoft Access
3. Experience with tools/services such as Salesforce, Atlassian, Webex and other relevant support systems.
4. Experience with library workflow tools such as OPACs, discovery layers, academic research tools and other bibliographic records systems.
5. Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting in UNIX systems and/or Oracle databases.
More to love about becoming an Ex Libris/ ProQuest employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• Once the office re-opens, this position is located in Des Plaines, IL.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Occasional travel is required, less than 5%
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it. Please consider joining our talented team!!
Link for Forbes Best Mid-Size Employers: https://www.proquest.com/about/news/2018/Forbes-Ranks-ProQuest-Among-Ame...
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please apply directly on our career page : https://bit.ly/2LBWkpI