The Highland Park Public Library is seeking a friendly, skilled, and creative person to assist our members with learning technology and using creative software applications. Reporting to the Media Services Manager, the ideal candidate will have a positive outlook, a public services focus, adapt easily to change, be comfortable with technology, and have strong communication skills.
- Share responsibility for developing and staffing Library programs for patrons of all ages, with a focus on film, music, and technology.
- Share responsibility for creating content for the Library's website and social media platforms.
- Provide patron assistance in person, by telephone, digital, or written inquiry. Share in the evening and weekend staffing of a public desk.
- Assist and instruct members in the use of the computer catalog and library equipment; library or member hardware or software for access to digital collections and information resources, and the use of the Digital Media Lab equipment and software.
- Assigned special projects including:
- Developing instructional materials and how-to guides in various formats (for example, printed guides and online training videos).
- Conduct technology orientation and instruction for individuals or groups of library members and staff.
- Develop and assist with Library-wide events.
- Helps to maintain an atmosphere conducive to connecting, creating, and exploring.
- BA or BS degree
- Public library experience desirable
- Experience planning and facilitating small and large group educational programs/classes/events