The Ela Area Public Library is seeking an energetic individual to serve as a part-time Security Monitor. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all library visitors. The ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude even when dealing with problems is highly desired.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Makes routine inspections of the interior building and exterior grounds to maintain the safety and security of all library patrons, property, and staff.
- Continually observes activity in the library and on library property to maintain an appropriate environment consistent with the library's policies. Completes Incident Reports as needed.
- Follows established procedures and assists with vacating, closing, and securing the building.
- Provide excellent customer service and hospitality
- Communicate positively, clearly & effectively with all age groups
- Work independently
- Anticipate potential disruptive behavior and take preventative action
- Maintain composure under stress
- Interpret Library policies & procedures to the public
- Stand for long periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years working with the public where problem solving was required
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience working in a library environment preferred
- Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above,
please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to email@example.com for consideration.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.