Wilmette Public Library has a unique opportunity for a detail-oriented individual who is adept at maintaining accuracy while prioritizing multiple tasks. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this position is responsible for the accurate and efficient processing, barcoding, checking-in, and maintenance of the periodicals collections. This position will also ensure prompt and efficient delivery of in-bound mail and other library materials to the proper departments throughout the Library, and will also assist with processing responsibilities.
Essential Key Duties:
· In the Library's Integrated Library System (ILS), checks in magazine, newspaper, and newsletter issues, links a barcode and RFID tag to each circulating issue. Will also create labels; make current issues circulating and "holdable" after the next issue arrives.
· Shelves the current and older periodicals in their appropriate shelf location.
· Processes withdrawn periodicals and other materials.
· Communicates with the cataloger when titles are added or removed from the collections.
· Maintains the list of periodicals for patrons and staff.
· Sorts the Library's daily in-bound mail and other library-related materials and delivers them to the proper locations throughout the Library.
· Processes books by producing labels, affixing barcodes and RFID tags, putting on book jackets, stamping, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
· High School Diploma/GED.
· Experience with Polaris Integrated Library System is preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate proficient and efficient use of the Integrated Library System (ILS).
· Ability to demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Suite products (i.e. Outlook, Word, Teams, etc.).
· Must possess exceptional organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently while also working collaboratively in a team setting.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and make good judgments in completing tasks.
· Ability to efficiently and accurately deliver and return materials to proper locations throughout the Library.
Comp., Schedule & Benefits
· This is a non-exempt, part-time position scheduled for 20 hours per week, Mon – Fri: 4 hours each day in the morning. Occasional weekend hours as needed.
· Starting minimum hourly rate of $14.00
· Eligible for participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), the Library's pension plan.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and application for consideration. Please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info to download an application and view the job description. No phone inquiries please. Please send all application materials to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a drug-free workplace and EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.