Are you passionate about expanding library services beyond the library building? Are you able to provide a variety of programs for youth and teens? The Palos Heights Public Library is seeking a creative and enthusiastic person to join our Youth and Teen Services Department. The librarian in this position hosts a regular baby story time and coordinates outreach opportunities with the surrounding schools and daycares. The ideal candidate is eager to be a team player and dedicated to providing fun and memorable library experiences.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- A relentlessly outgoing, energetic, positive attitude.
- A strong drive to understand and serve the community.
- Eager to be a part of a team with a shared vision and mission.
- At least two years experience serving youth and families in a public library setting.
- Proven competency in all areas of youth librarianship including programming, collection development, reader's advisory, technology assistance, community outreach, and creation of library displays.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited school. Consideration will be made for students in the last semester of graduate school.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lb.
- Proven success working with children, parents, and caregivers.
- Excellent organization.
- Strong school and community outreach experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.