The Berwyn Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and innovative Head of Reference who is technologically savvy, customer service driven, and passionate about programming. The ideal candidate will bring new and creative ideas, and be involved in the creation of the Berwyn Public Library's new strategic plan
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Reference Department
- Responsible for all collection development activities for the adult non-fiction collection
- Planning and maintaining the Reference Department budget
- Developing new programs, services and initiatives
- Managing Reference Department staff, including interviewing, evaluating, scheduling and balancing staff workload
- Masters in Library Science and 3 years in a library supervisory role.
- In-depth knowledge of library selection tools and collection development resources
- Project management experience; proven ability to set clear objectives, measure and monitor progress and results.
- Ability to plan, analyze and monitor a departmental budget
- Strong knowledge of current trends in public library services
- Commitment to providing quality patron service
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
The City of Berwyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, place of residence, or disability.