The Bensenville Community Public Library proudly serves the tight-knit, diverse community of Bensenville, IL (population approximately 21,500 within Library District). We are a dedicated team who seek to continually create new, creative, and innovated ways to serve and advocate for our community beyond traditional library services. From our wide variety of material offerings and services, to our fun and engaging programs, to our comfortable and sun-lit open spaces, our library exists as a welcoming cultural hub of the community. We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual, who is excited about the evolving role of modern public libraries.
This is a full time, non-exempt position with responsibility for the development and implementation of Library services for youth and families including: collection development, reference and reader advisory services, and programming for children birth to grade 12. This position requires that there be an emphasis placed on development and implementation of services for the Spanish-speaking community.
To include, but not limited to:
- Manages the Library's youth Spanish language resources and participates in the selection of youth materials including books, periodicals, audio-visual, and electronic resources.
- Develops and implements programs and services for kindergarten through high school age students that encourage and stimulate reading, learning, language development, and a love for libraries.
- Works with community partners (local school districts, park districts, etc.) to maintain a visible presence in the community through various outreach initiatives, with a focus on organizations that support Spanish-speaking and Spanish ESL patrons.
- Assists Spanish-speaking patrons to break down language barriers to fully utilize the Library as needed.
- Works with Marketing Coordinator to translate Library promotional materials, including the program guide.
- Collaborate with the Adult Services Spanish Language Librarian to develop and implement opportunities for residents of all ages.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current professional issues involving resources and materials for children and young adults - formulates and recommends policies as appropriate.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Customer service driven.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to participate in a team approach to developing and implementing services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MLS from an ALA accredited library school preferred. MLS students are encouraged to apply. Other education and comparable experience considered. Training or customer service experience desirable.
Experience working with children and teens from a diversity of backgrounds in a Library setting is strongly preferred.
Please send meaningful cover letter, resume, and 3 current references to email@example.com