The Ela Area Public Library District, located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago in the community of Lake Zurich, seeks a fill-in librarian to join the Children's Department.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Performs reference and reader's advisory at the Children's Reference Desk
- Assists with programs, kits, craft preparation, and weeding of the collection
- Signs patrons up for programs
- Master's degree (competed or almost complete) in Library and Information Science with coursework in children's services
- Ability to work easily and naturally as part of a close-knit team
- Reliable, with excellent time management skills
- Comfort working with children of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing safety protocols and schedules
- Avid reader of children's literature
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, familiarity with an ILS, and the ability to learn other software and cloud-based applications as related to the position
- Ability to approach and defuse difficult patron situations
- Spanish, Polish, Russian, or Chinese language ability a plus
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.