The Ela Area Public Library in Lake Zurich, IL has an opening for an Outreach Assistant. This position is responsible for serving the Ela Library outreach sites and providing internal support for Outreach events/programs.
- The preparation & delivery of materials to various skilled and assistive living facilities within the Ela Library district
- Providing support for Outreach programming within the building, virtually and in the community
- Assisting with the home delivery service to patrons residing in their own homes
High School diploma. Some college required
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to push heavy book carts; lift and carry heavy book bags within the library and to and from Outreach sites
- Comfortable working with older adults as well as residents in a skilled and/or assisted living facility
- Excellent communication skills to represent the library in off-site locations
- Strong sense of self direction yet eagerness to work as part of a team
- Strong comfort level with technology, especially digital and virtual formats. Willingness to learn new technology skills
- Valid Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to email@example.com for consideration.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.