When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Knowledge Manager will impact strategic decision-making across corporate functions by implementing a robust platform that provides timely and relevant knowledge, competitive intelligence, and information coupled with intelligent search. Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize functionality and align with corporate strategic objectives and lead continuous improvement by obtaining VOC, measuring effectiveness, providing user instruction, and promoting engagement.
Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to integrate and deliver best in class actionable intelligence to stakeholders from all functional and geographic areas.
What will you do?
- Lead identification and implementation of a corporate-wide knowledge management system that encompasses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and semantic enrichment. Develop a design and implementation plan with milestones, having an initial focus on licensed external data and stepwise expansion in user base and knowledge content.
- Lead partnership with stakeholders to prioritize knowledge content in alignment with business needs and strategic priorities.
- Obtain VOC to tailor instructional needs, improve user experience, and promote engagement.
- Define critical success factors and evaluate performance metrics to correct shortcomings, streamline processes, and prioritize expansion activities.
- Evaluate new technological solutions for improved access to data/information/knowledge and to enhance the collective knowledge of the organization.
- Represent the Information Center team at meetings, participate in decisions that impact knowledge management.
- Create and maintain user access points and informational and instructional material on internal systems.
- Partner with knowledge management vendor to address issues, obtain metrics, and provide feedback to accelerate improvements and enhancements.
- Develop optimized research strategies to locate, filter, synthesize, and format, scientific, business, and technical data, into personalized actionable knowledge from internal holdings and external sources.
- Manage current awareness services to optimize existing specialized tools and identify suitable alternatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
B.A./B.S. degree required. Advanced degree in Library Science from an accredited university, or equivalent higher education degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge management experience, information science expertise, a successful record of conducting research in a fast-paced business setting, and experience with customer engagement.
- Proven experience implementing and managing a knowledge management system.
- 3+ years of experience in information/knowledge management and relevant industry experience working with knowledge platforms and systems required. Experience working in the life sciences industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate across functions globally.
- Experience constructing deliverables for complex requests for scientific, industry, market, or competitive intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience using secondary research tools (such as Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, Informa, etc.).
- Proven instructional experience.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities
- Knowledge of KM systems and IT requirements for implementation as well as the ability to measure the effectiveness of AI and machine learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures.
- Information management skills, such as content management, database management, and taxonomies.
- Ability to promote knowledge sharing in ways that appeal to colleagues and promote awareness and adoption.
- Planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and core work requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes.
- Strong service orientation and self-motivation with the desire to improve processes and drive projects forward.
- Ability to connect with people and expand one's networks to include other knowledgeable persons.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with geographically dispersed end-users and colleagues.
- Thorough working knowledge of internet-based information systems, with the ability to assess the quality of information.
- Understanding of copyright and licensing best practices.
This position does not offer relocation benefits