The Aurora Public Library District seeks a high-energy individual who would like to work at the Santori location but also work at other library locations in the custodial field. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Custodian performs a variety of tasks to keep the library buildings, vehicles, garage and grounds in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Sweep, mop and scrub, vacuum and dust office space, shelves, computers, stairs and restrooms
- Empty trash and garbage containers
- Move furniture and equipment; set up displays; set up and take down for meeting room programs
- Clean snow and debris from sidewalk and grounds
- Operate library delivery vehicles
- Operate a variety of equipment to clean carpets, floors and furniture
- One-year custodial experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to lift 80 pounds and transport or move up to 100 pounds from one location to another
Our strategic plan include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf