Ex Libris, a Proquest Company – Who we are…
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
As a Technical Support Analyst, you are a primary point of contact for customer and internal inquiries. You provide expertise to customers and internal stakeholders for Voyager and other products. The position's main purpose is to provide technical expertise to Voyager customers on local and Ex Libris Cloud installations. You also support our development, support and internal team to keep systems running smoothly. The analyst may also be asked to take on a role in Alma support or other product areas.
What will I be doing?
• Maintain high degree of knowledge about the system infrastructure, application and functions.
• Be responsible for proactive, seamless customer service in response to service requests usually received via pager, email, support portal or other means.
• Work in close collaboration with other internal departments (Cloud, Development, Infrastructure, Product Management) to deliver exceptional service.
• Respond to "down systems" and take action to get the system functional as soon as possible.
• Diagnose problems causing a system down, functionality loss, assist in reparations
• Work with customers to upgrade and migrate systems to new platforms
• Provide training sessions for current and potential customers, both face-to-face and using web conferencing tools.
• Investigate bug reports for users, including initial testing to verify reports and forwarding confirmed issues on to the technical team.
• Participate in large or multi-phase customer projects.
• Support and train internal colleagues on more technical aspects of the applications
• Assist with creating support materials and documentation.
Reasons you should apply...
1. If you have a high level of initiative, motivated to enthusiastically and professionally provide the highest level of service.
2. If you have a technical support background.
3. If you enjoy challenging but stimulating work that presents a unique challenge every day.
4. If you have excellent organization skills and a great work ethic.
Superstar Candidates will have…
1. Experience working with libraries and or higher education
2. Experience with Voyager, Alma or similar applications
3. Understanding or love of libraries and the systems that support them
4. Fluency in XML, Web application development, CSS, SQL or Microsoft Access
5. Understanding of Oracle RDBMS
6. Additional fluency in languages other than English
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Substantial experience with Unix
• 3-5 years as a Systems Administrator
• Substantial experience with networking concepts
• Some experience with shell scripting, PERL or Python
• Ability and desire to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
More to love about becoming an Ex Libris/ ProQuest employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• Once the office re-opens, this position is located in Des Plaines, IL . Remote candidates with the right experience will be considered.
• Light travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it. Please consider joining our talented team!!