Part-time Circulation Clerk – Black Road Location
The Joliet Public Library is looking for a part-time Circulation Clerk at our Ottawa Street Branch Location. This is a 20 hours per week position and includes a mixture of days, nights and weekends. The starting pay is $12.72 per hour. This position is responsible to perform circulation duties including checking library materials in and out. Registration and maintenance of patron records, and enforcing the Library Board's Policies regarding the circulation of library materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute opening and closing procedures successfully.
- Perform circulation duties including checking library materials in and out.
- Register library patrons, provide library cards, and maintain the patron database.
- Enforce the library's policies concerning the circulation of library materials.
- Manage the reserve book functions and manage the reserve book shelves.
- Answer telephone calls in a courteous and helpful manner, routing calls as needed.
- Promote efficient and effective use of the library by assisting patrons in a friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable manner.
- Set up and operate the cash register.
- Handle payment for all fees including lost and damaged items.
- Process credit/debit transactions.
- Handle money transactions for the Friends of the Library.
- Close out the cash register and credit card machine at closing time.
- Assist library users in placing holds.
- Teach library users how to use the online catalog as needed.
- Assist patrons with self-check machines as needed.
- Assist patrons in the locating library materials.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Have strong computer and technology skills.
- Ability to learn library automated circulation and catalog system.
- Ability to relate to library patrons of all ages in a positive, patient, and effective manner.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Dena Dremonas - Human Resources Department
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org