Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts positively with people of all ages and temperaments.
- Utilizes diplomacy when enforcing library policies.
- Assists in maintaining appearance and operation of building and grounds.
- Monitors/secures the facilities and property.
- Monitors patron activities by making regular rounds of Library to maintain and guarantee an atmosphere conducive to quiet study.
- Assists with opening and closing the library which includes locking doors and remaining present until all patrons have exited the building.
- Assist Person-in-Charge with patron complaints, emergencies and/or unruly patrons.
- Transports drive-by book bin from the parking lot book drop to the circulation department.
- Performs basic building operation functions; including but not limited to routine housekeeping and minor facility and grounds services and repairs.
- In winter, removes snow from walkways leading to the building and spreads salt/sand as needed.
- Follow procedures for program setups.
- Follow procedures and report all safety and maintenance related discrepancies to Maintenance Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Applicants should send a resume and completed City of Park Ridge Job Application* (required for consideration) to John Priala, Facility Manager, Park Ridge Public Library, 20 S. Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Obtain a City of Park Ridge Job Application from the Library or online at www.parkridgelibrary.org.