Do you love connecting with students and teachers? Do you excel at promoting literacy and library resources? Are you outgoing, engaging and creative? If so, consider adding your skills to the dynamic team at the Zion-Benton Public Library. The Youth Services department at ZBPL transforms lives by cultivating learning and growing opportunities through vibrant library services.
The position focuses on the development and implementation of outreach and programming promoting the relationships between the Library and area schools (grades preK-6th) and other community organizations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate outreach and services to schools, preschools, daycares and community organizations
- Support area students, teachers and caregivers with virtual learning and homeschooling
- Meet with school librarians and teachers to maintain close working relationships and share information
- Coordinate field trips to the library and schedule classroom visits
- Plan and present informative programs such as storytimes, booktalks and technology demonstrations
- Perform collection management responsibilities in assigned areas
- Provide reference, information and reader services
- Organize and run a meal program for youth in the summers
Education and Experience:
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school or Master's degree in related field required
- Experience working with children and families required
- Experience working in a school or public library preferred
To apply: Submit resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to : Garnet Miller, Youth Services Coordinator; email@example.com