Join the Messenger team to encourage literacy and a love of learning in the North Aurora community! When children, teens and caregivers visit Youth Services, we provide excellent customer service to help them find books, register for programs, and participate in reading challenges. Good computer skills are a must, as the Assistant will primarily staff the youth services desk, using Microsoft Office/365 (Word, Excel, Outlook), online software (Beanstack, calendar), and the library catalog (both patron and staff sides). We encourage those with prior experience using these apps and/or quick learners to apply.
Primary responsibilities include working the public service desk and assisting with department projects and program preparation.
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills
- Comfortable working with the public and enforcing current safety rules, such as wearing masks properly and social distancing
- Friendly, flexible, and able to work individually and as a team member
- Prior experience working with children, teens and caregivers
- Knowledge of children's and teen literature
- Spanish-language skills
The Messenger Public Library of North Aurora Illinois is an EEO employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Michelle Kurczak, Head of Youth and Teen Services firstname.lastname@example.org.