The Ela Area Public Library in Lake Zurich, IL is looking for a Part-Time Reference Librarian to join our forward-thinking Adult Reference Department. The Adult Reference desk provides non-fiction reference and readers' advisory services and technology assistance. The desk is also responsible for the Library's Digital Media Labs and VR headsets, and circulates the Library's GoPro HERO cameras and Wi-Fi hotspots.
The Part-Time Reference Librarian will provide reference service at a busy reference desk, utilizing a large array of print reference resources, online databases, and the Internet. The position will also be required to perform basic computer troubleshooting and assistance with copiers, printers, MS Office, and the Internet.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to excellent public service and be comfortable with a variety of reference resources and technologies.
- MLS from ALA-Accredited Institution. Current MLS students are also welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of basic reference resources and practices, including online sources and searching.
- Knowledge of technology applications relative to public library reference services.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus.
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.