The Midlothian Public Library is looking for a Spanish-speaking, tech-saavy assistant to join its staff. If you are passionate about providing library services to patrons of all ages in a diverse and vibrant community, then this position is for you.
- Provide patron services in English and Spanish to all ages at a combined help desk.
- Assist patrons with computers, printer, copier, fax machine, e-readers, and both physical and electronic collections.
- Plan and conduct programming for children.
- Translate library marketing materials and signage into Spanish.
- Maintain areas of the collection as assigned.
- Develop and conduct outreach services.
- Associate's degree required. BA/BS preferred. Highest consideration will be given to holders of a MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or those enrolled in MLS coursework.
- 1 year customer service experience required; 1 year of experience working with children strongly preferred.
- Ability to relate well to patrons and staff of all ages and exercise good judgement in a busy public service environment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish.
- Strong technology skills required, including proficient with MS Windows and Office software.
- Ability to lift/move materials up to 30 lbs. required.
Hours: 15-17 hours weekly, including a combination of daytime, evening, weekday, and weekend hours.
Salary: $14.25+/hour DOQ
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Jamie Kallio, Public Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Midlothian Public Library is an EEO employer.