The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL is looking for two creative, enthusiastic and organized individuals to provide excellent customer service to our patrons and collaborate with our talented staff.
Associate 1: Mondays 2-8 PM, Wednesdays 9 AM – 3 PM, one Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
Associate 2: Tuesdays 9 AM – 3 PM, Thursdays 2-8 PM, one Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
- Plan, develop and coordinate educational and recreational programs.
- Process Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Copy catalog new materials.
- Work at front service desk, providing reference and reader's advisory.
- Assist in the use of technology such as computers, e-readers, smart phones, tablets, printer, copier.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to conduct a successful reference interview.
- Knowledge of technology, including computers, software, and e-readers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all ages.
- A team player who contributes to a positive work environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and procedures; easily adaptable to change.
- Some college – Associates Degree or LTA Certificate preferred.
Recent retirees and students studying in Library Science, Social Work and Education are encouraged to apply.