REFERENCE LIBRARIAN I
ADULT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Do you thrive in a team environment but also enjoy completing tasks on your own? Are you a person who loves to interact with people? Then our library is looking for you! The Orland Park Public Library, named one of Illinois' 200 Great Places, is currently accepting applications for a part-time Adult Services Reference Librarian.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services
- Provides collection development, including e-resources
- Develops and conducts book discussions and other book related programming
- Provides study room services
- Prepares bibliographies, pathfinders, and more
- Knowledge of reference and readers' advisory service
- Extensive knowledge of bibliographic tools and reference resources in print and electronic formats
- Knowledge of adult literature
- Experience in current technology including Microsoft Office, Internet, databases and Outlook.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or currently enrolled to receive this degree
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation
Position is 12 to 18 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Starting salary for applicant with a Master's Degree is $ 22.60 per hour.
Applicants for all positions are subject to background check.
Send cover letter, resume, application and three references
Link for application: https://www.orlandparklibrary.org/about-us/employment/
By July 10th at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com
Orland Park Public Library
14921 Ravinia Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462
Please indicate Adult Services Reference Librarian on application and subject line of electronic submissions.
The Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer