The Orland Park Public Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time position in the Maintenance Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to general maintenance and cleaning; minor repairs, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry; and snow removal.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs, as well as proper use of cleaning materials
- Ability to move up to 200 pounds with proper equipment
- Ability to use and operate basic maintenance tools and equipment
- Set up meeting rooms and other areas for programs
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with the public and staff in English
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb, lift, and carry up to 75 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years building maintenance experience
- Ability to meet library's requirements for driving on library business and access to a vehicle
- Available for flexible hours including some weekends and evenings
Position is 25 hours per week. Position includes IMRF benefits. Starting salary is $17.25 per hour.
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
Applications are available at the library's Welcome Desk and as a PDF.
Completed applications must be received by Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 5 p.m..
Orland Park Public Library
14921 Ravinia Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.