Berkeley Public Library is seeking a part-time Custodian. Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Clean building (floors, lighting, and furniture) by dusting, wiping, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming to ensure a tidy appearance;
- Spot check areas for potential additional cleaning;
- Support staff in setting up meeting rooms, emergency clean ups, and assistance with shoveling and salting sidewalks;
- Maintain cleanliness of staff kitchen, including appliances;
- Spot clean interior and exterior doors and windows;
- Change lighting fixtures and bulbs, as needed;
- Maintain inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies;
- Work on special projects clean up, as needed; and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with off-hours (before 10AM, after 6PM).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to use power and manual tools and machinery, indoors and outdoors;
- Ability to read and follow instruction manuals and take independent action;
- Ability to handle and store chemicals and cleaning supplies in a safe and appropriate manner;
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds;
- Cleaning experience preferred.
Interested candidate should submit resume and three references to Isabel La Barbera at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 708-544-7551.