Forest Park Public Library is accepting applications to fill the Adult Services Desk Assistant position. This individual is part of a dynamic, collaborative team that helps patrons explore the collections and provides research, readers' advisory and computer assistance at our lively Information Services Desk. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a range of devices and platforms and be able to explain basic computer skills. This staff member will also be asked to create eye-catching displays.
The successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree or LTA
- Have a minimum of one year customer service experience
- Be enthusiastic about serving all types of people from all walks of life
- Be highly reliable
- Be patient
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have demonstrated enthusiasm for public service and the library profession
Our Core Values:
The Forest Park Public Library is committed to providing the highest level of service possible to all patrons.
- We are collaborative, creative, and curious.
- We strive to provide a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where patrons and staff can make real connections.
- We provide our community with access to education that leads to inspiration, discovery, and empowerment.
- We respect our community, our colleagues, and our library.
Forest Park is a diverse community located between Oak Park and Berwyn just west of Chicago. We are situated within walking distance of the CTA Blue Line and serve patrons from many neighboring communities.