The Governors State University (GSU) Library is seeking an experienced and creative individual to provide leadership and oversight in planning and managing all aspects of public services. This is a highly collaborative position and the incumbent will work closely with entities across the library and campus.
The Public Services Librarian will:
• Provide leadership and oversee the functions of the public service department which includes the information, circulation, and reference desks, interlibrary loan, and distance learning services;
• Hire, mentor, direct, supervise, and evaluate a staff of 8-10 FTE and student workers;
• Work with the Public Services unit leaders to develop, revise and implement policies, procedures, and strategies;
• Actively participate in library assessment and improvement of library services;
• Plan and implement appropriate workshops and instruction sessions for the library and university;
• Work closely with the Dean and other library faculty members to provide leadership and enhance communication and cooperation among library staff and within the university community.