Library Board of Trustees
Assistant Director, Department Coordinators for Adult Services, Youth Services, Teen/Maker Services, Administrative Assistant, and Graphic Designer.
The interim library director functions as chief executive officer of the library. This position administers the overall program of library service to the residents of the service area, administers library staff, oversees the development of library collections, administers budget and reporting system, oversees management of library property, directs public relations for the library, and fulfills other obligations to the library board.
The position is anticipated to last 3 to 6 months.
- Four-year undergraduate degree in any field
- Master of library science degree (MLS)
- MLS degree from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited school
- Experience directing a public library
- Desire to meet and serve the Zion Benton community
- Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, procedures, and work flow
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Knowledge of computers, the internet, and commercially available library software
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form
- Ability to make administrative decisions, interpret policies, and supervise staff
- Ability to motivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, volunteers, other community agencies and the public
- Knowledge of the philosophy and techniques of library service
- Ability to organize job duties and work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of library materials and resources
- Creativity to develop and implement library programs and services
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Employs management techniques effectively in directing, planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, budgeting, and evaluating the library's operation
- Ten years of experience as a librarian with five years of managerial or administrative experience. Demonstrated interest in professional development through attending workshops and conferences
- Driver's license, proof of insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Schedule includes monthly evening meetings.
Please contact Beverly Mull email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
We would like to make a hiring decision in the very near future.