he Ela Area Public Library is seeking a friendly, energetic, and self-motivated applicant with exceptional customer service skills. Our Library strives to be a welcoming center for our community and this position is responsible for creating a positive customer experience at an extremely busy information desk. Responsibilities include general reference, passport services, reader's advisory, and technology assistance. This is a 12-18 hour per week position with a work schedule that requires daytime, evening, and rotating weekend hours.
- Provides general reference and reader's advisory service.
- Uses the Library's catalog to locate items and place holds.
- Greets and assists patrons, provides informational and directional assistance in person and via phone.
- Processes passport applications as a certified Passport Agent.
- Assists patrons with retrieving equipment from the Forge.
- Takes program sign-ups, accepting payment where required, giving receipts and handling cancellations.
- Takes applications and accepts payments for the meeting room.
- Assists patrons with the use of the copier/scanner and performs troubleshooting.
- Takes voter registrations, if eligible.
- Attends staff meetings, staff training days, and department meetings.
- Answers questions about using technology including library apps, mobile devices, the internet, and word processing.
- Fills in for absent coworkers.
2 years of college, one year of work experience with public interaction and customer service experience required. Library experience preferred. Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus. Must meet State Department requirements for certified passport agents.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must have the ability to:
- Deal with multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Interact with patrons courteously, skillfully and accurately.
- Work effectively with co-workers in a collaborative, team-based organization.
- Learn use of telephone system and maintain standards of phone service.
- Comfortably use and explain how to use technology.
- Read small print; push and pull a cart loaded with materials; bend, lift, and reach.
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.