The Forest Park Public Library is currently accepting applications to fill the Youth Services Youth Services Desk Assistant position. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a creative, collaborative team committed to supporting literacy and learning through a variety of engaging programs and resources.
Responsibilities include providing administrative support, reference assistance, storytime planning, readers' advisory, and computer troubleshooting.
The successful candidate will be:
- A friendly, enthusiastic youth advocate committed to inclusivity and accessibility
- Adaptable to working with a wide range of ages
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiar with current trends in youth services
Prior experience with children's literature, event-planning, and working with children and families is a plus. Please familiarize yourself with the library's mission and inclusivity statement before applying.
For a complete job description, please e-mail Susan Farnum, the Youth Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Core Values:
The Forest Park Public Library is committed to providing the highest level of service possible to all patrons.
- We are collaborative, creative, and curious.
- We strive to provide a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where patrons and staff can make real connections.
- We provide our community with access to education that leads to inspiration, discovery, and empower
- We respect our community, our colleagues, and our library.
Please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Due to current circumstances, interviews may be conducted by phone or virtually with an in-person interview to follow when possible.