CIRCULATION ASSISTANT MANAGER
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Palatine Public Library District has an opening for an experienced, resourceful, and team-oriented Circulation Assistant Manager. Responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of one library branch and assist overseeing all aspects of the Circulation department. Will participate in strategic planning and policy development as a member of the Library's Management Team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to reflect our diverse community through our dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Please visit www.palatinelibrary.org for a complete job description.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years related library experience required with 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in use of current personal computer technologies,
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish or Polish desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and efficiently organize work.
The ideal candidate will share our vision of inspiring connection, curiosity, and joy.
Physical requirements include: speaking, hearing, vision, and keyboarding ability sufficient to adequately perform the job, ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds and lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Starting Salary: $39,833 annually (depending on qualifications)
Benefits include four weeks vacation per year; sick time of one day per month; 7½ paid holidays per year; participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund; and Health, Life, Vision and Dental Insurance programs.
Employment Applications are available online at www.palatinelibrary.org, at the Welcome Desk at the Main Library, or at any branch location. Please submit a completed application with cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.