The Palos Heights Public Library is looking for a part-time Circulation Clerk to join our team. Responsibilities include greeting, assisting and providing friendly and enthusiastic customer service in person and on the telephone. Candidate must contribute positive patron experiences when performing circulation responsibilities including issuing and renewing library cards. Responsibilities also include utilizing independent judgment to guide the patron towards the best solutions, precise handling of money transactions and handling of incoming and outgoing materials at the Circulation Desk as well as returning materials to shelves and checking materials on shelves for accuracy.
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic, service orientated organization where you can make a difference in the lives of people, the Palos Heights Public Library is looking for you.
- Qualified candidates must have superb customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to details and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use computers and relevant software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, use good judgment in the decision making process, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor in adverse situations.
- Handle the physical tasks such as standing, bending and pushing book carts required by the position.
- A flexible schedule to be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Please email a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.