The title of this job really should be "Celebrity to the under-5 Set"
…because although the job description says your title would be School Liaison Librarian, this particular librarian will be coordinator of all things Preschool Outreach and Early Literacy. The successful candidate will serve as the library's preschool liaison to our local school districts, daycares, and many area private and parochial preschools. Expect that kids from all over the city will want to see you when they visit the library. Children will run up to you at the store, point and say, "I know you! Weren't you in Farm Animals?"
In this position you will:
- Provide outreach services and promote library collections and services to local schools, daycares, parents, caregivers, and community agencies
- Develop new and enhance existing relationships with schools and other community groups
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance to department and library staff
- Work collaboratively and effectively as part of the department and library teams
- Supervise our established Preschool Outreach Internship programs, including six interns/year.
- Offer strong technology skills and use those to move the department and library forward
- Participate in reference, readers' advisory, programming, and library-wide events
- Embrace the library's values: generosity, good design/beauty, friendliness, efficiency
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- a Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
- at least 3 years professional library work experience with children
- scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of local school
This job is open until filled
Please include the following with your application:
Cover letter and resume attached as a single file.
The Des Plaines Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Use the following site to submit your application: