Youth Coordinator (Programming emphasis)
Full time, including some nights and weekends
The Ida Public Library is looking for a Youth Coordinator. This position would have an emphasis on programming, but would also be be responsible for providing reference, readers' advisory and outreach for children and teens. Participates in collection development activities. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with local schools and organizations.
Essential duties include:
- Plan and implement age appropriate quality programming for children, teens, and parents or caregivers that promotes literacy and lifelong learning.
- Oversee coordination of youth programmers
- Schedules and budgets all youth programs.
- Leads the Summer Reading Planning Committee.
- Develop and maintain partnerships/relationships with the community that provide outreach for Youth and families.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and participate in appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars and networking groups to develop professional and leadership skills.
- Serves as Person in Charge of children's and teen services.
- Assists with Circulation Desk duties when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher. LTA certificate/degree will also be considered.
- 1 year of experience working with children or teens in an educational or library environment.
- Proficient using standard office equipment and technology.
- Spanish proficiency a plus, but not required.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job is open until filled, but priority will be given to individuals who apply by March 20, 2020.