The Elmhurst Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, and organized Early Childhood Services Librarian to lead the Library's efforts in early literacy and learning initiatives for expecting families and children from birth to 5 years old and their caregivers. Working under the direction of the Head of Kids' Library, the Early Childhood Services Librarian provides direction, staff training, and implementation of research-based literacy and learning programs, encourages active family engagement, curates relevant collections, and facilitates connections between the library and parents, caregivers, and community organizations.
In addition to departmental responsibilities, this staff member will have the chance to represent the library in various community and professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, forward-thinking, efficient, and able to provide excellent customer service.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school
- Knowledge and understanding of theories of early childhood learning and implications for library service
- Commitment to best practices in equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Solid knowledge and innovative vision of library services for children
- Commitment to keeping current with trends in library service and children's literature
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, the Internet, and creative technology software
- Ability to interact patiently and pleasantly with people of all ages in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail, accuracy in work, and receptiveness to change
- 3-5 years in a public library setting
- At least one year of experience working with children in a library or educationally related environment
- Include a Cover letter, Resume and Three references (just upload all 3 files in one)
Benefits include vacation (4 weeks per year); sick time (12 days per year); personal time and paid holidays; participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, and optional participation in the health, life, dental and vision insurance programs.
DEADLINE: Friday, March 6, 2020
APPLY ONLINE: http://elmlib.org/jobs