Do you have excellent customer service and creative problem-solving skills? Do you welcome opportunities to try exciting new services, and thrive from tackling challenges? Are you inspired by NMDL's fantastic array of resources, services, and programs? If so, we encourage you to apply!
The Niles-Maine District Library has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, enthusiastic librarian with top-notch customer service and relationship-building skills.
Major duties include:
- Serving on Library's Community Engagement committee, collaborating with other staff throughout the Library on Community Engagement efforts. Coordinating all Community Engagement efforts within the Adult & Outreach Services Department.
- Identifying underserved areas in the Library District, initiating relationships with stakeholders and potential library partners who also serve adults.
- Providing outstanding readers' advisory and information services, and connecting with a diverse array of patrons of all ages at new service desk in busy Commons area, and at other desks as needed.
- Planning and implementing offsite programming for adults, and advocating Library at community events.
- Assisting with writing grant proposals for special initiatives that serve our Strategic Plan.
- Fostering and developing existing relationships with business, intergovernmental, and other organization partners through regular Community Engagement activities.
- Acting as an outspoken advocate of the Library's adult-centered services, programs, and materials proactively both inside the Library and out in the Community, knowing our resources inside and out.
- Providing information and RA services to Outreach patrons, assisting with home deliveries and deliveries to institutions as needed.
MLIS or MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program required. At least 2 years of recent, relevant library experience required. Current driver's license required. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.