Full-time – 37.5 hours/week
Salary: Hourly rate starts at $20.11
Do you love all things computers and software? Do you want to learn more and grow in your career? The McHenry Public Library District is seeking a motivated, team oriented IT Generalist with a positive attitude and customer service-focused work ethic to join our IT Department. You would be helping both staff and our patrons with a variety of technology related questions and issues, so you need great people and communication skills. You'll also be involved with equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, so you need fantastic technical and analytical skills. You'll be setting up and removing A/V equipment in meeting rooms, juggling multiple requests and deadlines, and involved with the department's planning and budgeting needs. If all this sounds good, and you have the desire to learn and grow within our IT department, then you might be the right fit! This position requires primarily daytime hours with evening/weekend rotation.
• Helps ensure the operation and security of the library's network infrastructure, servers and desktop systems.
• Assists with installation, troubleshooting, diagnosis, problem solving and preventative maintenance of hardware, software and equipment, including computers, copiers, printers, scanners, coin ops and VoIP phone system.
• Maintains communication with suppliers, contractors and other vendors for quotes, service, supplies and other IT-related items.
• Responds to IT requests using ticket tracking software.
• Helps with scheduling computer repairs and upgrades, planning, budgeting, selection, purchasing and inventory.
• Sets up and removes multimedia/computer equipment for events and meetings.
• Stays on top of staff technology and training needs, and current and emerging trends in library technology.
• Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed, and works approved extended hours to meet critical deadlines.
• Attends and participates in staff, department and other job-related meetings.
• Participates on library committees and project teams.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
• Associate's Degree in Computer Technology, and 2-3 years of IT experience. Network+ and Security+ certifications a plus, as is library experience.
• Experience in networks, firewalls, wireless environments and Microsoft operating systems. Experience in a mostly PC network environment with 50 or less users; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/G-Suite, and Apple associated software.
• Ability to do installation, removal and setup of hardware and software and peripherals, and conduct basic file maintenance.
• Ability to diagnose, report, and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Experience with setup and maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, printers, scanners, coin ops and VoIP phone system.
• Communication with suppliers, contractors and other vendors for quotes, service, supplies and other IT-related items.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to work days, evenings, weekends and sometimes even holidays if problems arise.
• Must be able to safely lift and move computer equipment of various weights and sizes.
Salary and Benefits
• The hourly rate for this position starts at $20.11.
• The library provides a comprehensive, competitive benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, and mandatory participation in IMRF (retirement plan), as well as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Please send resume and cover note to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person inquiries. Position open until filled.
email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org