Are you a visionary library executive looking to take your career to the next level?
Do the challenges of a new, state of the art library and an engaged community excite you? If so, we are interested in speaking with you! This position offers a unique opportunity to lead a forward-thinking organization providing quality service to a large population.
The Lake Villa District Library's mission is to enrich life in the community by connecting people with resources, services and each other. In servicing the community, it is guided by core values which are Accessibility, Entertaining and Engaging, Honest and Accountable, Informed and Resourceful, Skilled and Dedicated and Relevant to the current needs of our community. Our library, which services Lake Villa, Lindenhurst, Antioch, Round Lake Beach, and Round Lake Heights with a population of 40,000, recently moved into a modern facility located in Lindenhurst which offers a business center, study rooms, Youth Services Department, Young Adult area, integrated AV equipment and more! For additional information on our new location please visit us at www.LVDL.org.
- Provides visionary, strategic direction to the staff in carrying out the mission of the library.
- Effectively manages library administration including financial management, budgeting, legal compliance and adherence to library best practices.
- Closely collaborates with the Board of Library Trustees by attending all board meetings, preparing agendas, and proactively communicating on all important issues.
- Ensures that the community is effectively informed about library services and promotes a strong library presence within the area.
- Maintains a high level of visibility within the community by attending community events and interacting with public officials, community representatives and the local media.
- Engages and assists staff members in their personal development to meet current and future human resources needs.
- Five years of public library management experience including supervising personnel, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge of library philosophy, objectives and practices.
- Master's degree in library science or equivalent academic credentials.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Library Trustees, the staff, and the public to achieve the goals of the library.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to speak effectively to groups
- Integrity and a personal commitment to high standards in public service.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of library operations and employment law.
- Flexibility to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental insurance, IMRF Retirement Plan, generous vacation, sick and personal days.
Lake Villa District Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this exciting opportunity is for you, please forward your resume with cover letter.