Under the direction of the Dean, Learning Resource Center, the Library Assistant 2 performs various routine tasks in the designated library area serving staff, students, alumni, and community borrowers. The Library Assistant 2 is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum of 1 year related library experience required.
Library Technical Assistant (LTA) Certificate Preferred
• Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, send correspondence and memos. Ability to understand, speak effectively, communicate and work well with other departments, supervisors, faculty, staff, students and various other patrons regarding problems and suggestions.
• Basic typing, internet, Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook experience is necessary. Previous database experience is helpful.
• Knowledge of how to use, set up and/or troubleshoot several types of equipment.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse population and respect cultural differences.
• Must be able to multitask and endure frequent interruptions.
• A general working knowledge of Sierra ILS is preferred.
• A basic working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague U.I. is preferred.
• Excellent communication, critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to work as a part of a team.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, remain focused, and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to learn constantly changing and new technology.
• Familiarity with shelving materials using both the alphabet and the Library of Congress cataloging system.
• Must have cash handling experience. Able to make change accurately without use of a calculator.
• Knowledge of basic library organization and use of an online library catalog. Prior library experience is preferred.