Would you like to join a security services team in a welcoming service environment? Want to spend your work time with friendly and interesting people?
Security Officers at Arlington Heights Memorial Library are expected to:
- Provide security & safety services for customers and staff
- Vacate, close and secure the building
- Monitor library activity and maintain an appropriate environment.
- Patrol interior and exterior grounds and parking lot to maintain security of building and property
- Responds to situations and incidents as they occur, including notifying outside agencies to respond when necessary
This position involves dealing effectively with individuals, groups and outside agencies, sometimes in difficult situations.
Requirements & Skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- 1 to 3 year's experience in relevant customer service environment
- Previous security experience and current PERC certification preferred. If not PERC certified, must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- General knowledge of standard safety practices
- Ability to fairly and consistently apply library's Code of Conduct
To work most effectively with the public and staff across the library, the preferred candidate will have excellent communication skills and the demonstrated ability to excel in Our Culture.
High school degree or equivalency required. Relevant college coursework or training preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position.
- Complete the availability schedule.
This opportunity will remain open for applications until the position is filled.