We want to amaze our customers by having books, movies, music, and games available as quickly as possible. Consider joining our materials handling team so you can make sure customers can easily access our incredible collection. You will shelve and maintain the order of all library materials. Deliver and retrieve items for customers or staff requests. Check materials in/out and manage customer holds. Direct customers in the library to find materials or to staff who can help them.
Requirements & Skills
Prior experience in a customer service setting preferred. Accuracy and attention to detail. Must be able to arrange and file materials accurately in alpha/numeric order. Familiarity with Outlook Mail and Word is required. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and excel in Our Culture. Must stand for the majority of each shift and be able to pushcarts. Must be at least 16 years of age. Work well in a team environment.
Education: High school diploma desirable.
Position 1: Part-time, 13 hours per week.
- A week: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 7:00-10:00 pm & Sunday 4:00-8:00 pm
- B week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:00-10:00 pm & Saturday 12:00-4:00 pm
Position 2: Part-time, 20 hours per week
- A week: Tuesday-Friday 12:00-4:00 pm & Saturday 4:00-8:00 pm
- B week: Tuesday-Friday 12:00-4:00 pm & Sunday 11:00 am -3:00 pm
20 hour position is eligible for Benefits including: 2 weeks of vacation, sick and personal leave, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (pension plan) and availability of 457/Roth savings plans.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position and indicating which position they prefer
- Complete the attached availability schedule.
This opportunity will remain open for applications until the position is filled. Only electronic submissions will be considered.